Wednesday, November 19, 2008

The Christmas Sinatra I long to hear

Frank Sinatra was no stranger to Christmas music. He recorded quite a lot of it during his career. Don't get me wrong, I love his music -otherwise I wouldn't have started this blog. But his Christmas music isn't that fulfilling to me. It isn't as playful as Dean Martin's Christmas music. And most of it has background singers. To me, Frank's voice never really meshed with the choir. I always go back to a song like The Christmas Waltz or White Christmas and hope that they sound less sentimental and more intimate. Just Sinatra's voice and an orchestra. Minus strings.

frozen over

If there were some way to remove the choir from those songs he recorded with Nelson Riddle and Gordon Jenkins, I would. It would be perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment